SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) Program
SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) is a free program offered by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and your local Area Agency on Aging. Specially trained volunteers can assist you with your Medicare, Medicaid, and health insurance questions by providing one-on-one counseling and information. SHINE services are free, unbiased, and confidential.
SHINE volunteers offer counseling on:
- Medicare Eligibility and Enrollment
- Medicare Health Plan (Advantage Plan) Choices
- Medicare Coverage Issues and Appeals
- Supplement (Medigap) Policies
- Prescription Assistance
- Medicaid for Dually-Eligible Medicare Beneficiaries
- Employer or Military Coverage Issues
A SHINE counselor can speak with you over the telephone or meeting with you in person at a SHINE counseling site. Call your local Elder Helpline at 1-866-684-5885 to schedule your free appointment for counseling.